• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anything special about this head - Billet rockers????

winstontj

Other than the 45's the rockrs are cast, but appear to have been ground down. Also the cam has markings on it - maybe Todd will post what the markings say. The cam has ridges as if it has been turned on the shaft - more billet looking than cast but it is cast. The ridges are like new brake rotors, tiny ridges. We're trying to ID this motor/parts before we decide what to do with it. We'd like to think that the PO didn't just throw the 45's on a stock motor. Compression test (all plugs out @ WOT) was 180 across all 4. We got it running really nicely - well enough that Todd was able to lay strips from his turned over milk crate/driver's seat

E12 head casting, rockers are a little funny looking and something's up with the cam.???

post-377-13667569900411_thumb.jpg

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

The cam looks a bit different so it may be something interesting.

Jeff

We're trying to sell the engine together. No sense in tearing it down unless we end upkeeping it. Neither Todd or I have the time or the inclination to tear the block down - and besides it runs fine so why?

The cam has a stamp that says 300 and SECA or SEM... something. Maybe Todd will post what it says - or what we can read. Deff. says "300" and something else NOT SCHRICK but starting with an S. Whatever it is was matched up to 45's

Thanks,

TJW

(this - just like everything, is also for sale)

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

I just pulled the valve cover and had another look. The end of the cam has SERRA and 300 stamped into it. There are no numbers along the shaft of the cam. With a mic, I got between 8 and 8 1/2 mm lift at the lobe. That is about .325inches. Does anyone know what ratio the rockers are to find the lift at the valve? The rockers are thinner than others that I have seen.