• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

has anyone tried porsche seats?

condorw

does anyone have porsche 911 or 944 seats in his/her 02?

according to the faq, they will fit with slight mod but wanted

to know how they feel, driving position, etc...

thanks.

Are those the ones with the wicker basket weave head part? I love those seats & for the opportunity to just have them in my car... I wouldn't care how they feel! Just do it and post some pics!

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

I did not use a porsche seat but I did upgrade to Cloth Recaros from an Audi A4. Here is a pic of the drivers seat in my car. I now have the passenger side seat installed but I do not have a current pic. I think they are really comfortable. The seat bottom is about 2-3 inches higher than stock. I am 6ft and my head still has about 3 inches of room before I hit the roof. The seats were free and that was the best part. I just welded the stock 2002 rails on the bottom of the seats, bolted them in and went for a "spirited drive" to see how they hold me in place. I am very happy with my project.

DSC00058.jpg

69 2002 1668997 "Geboren ein Hölle"

Shhhhhh... Another Whispering Bomb!!

Guest Anonymous

I bought a '75 from a guy in Houston that had Recaro Classics from a 911 in it

running the electrics was simple, Finding a schematic and inflatable bladders was not so simple.

I have the seats from a 924S in mine.

They sit a little off center and were fairly easy to mod. You need to widen the tracks 1 inch ( I just welded bolts to the seats themselves to get what I wanted ) and drill a new hole at the end of the seat tracks about an inch father back than the original. I supose you could use the original BMW seat tracks and mate them to the seats but I just used the Porsche ones, now the factory seat slider lever does nothing ( but the one on the Porsche seat rail works fine )

I'll pull them out and reset them towards the middle of the car when I get around to it ( not a high priority at the moment ) .

Charlie Mac in Sacramento.

My Blog

I'm an كافر

I've got 911 Recaros in mine (w/electric tilt adjust). I think they fit/line up fine and have a great seating position (not high at all). I have a custom mounting rail along the trans-tunnel (aluminum L-rail), but it still uses the stock mount on the outsides - so I can use the original fore-aft adjusters. They do sit slightly outboard - about 1-inch seat center to steering wheel center, though when driving it's not noticeable at all (pic seems to show more, that's perspective working to exagerate it - I cropped this out of a larger pic centered on the car - see my avatar). BTW, I even had my rear seats reupholstered to match the pinhole leather center panels of the Recaros.

post-1565-13667568997856_thumb.jpg

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com