• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

frame rails - where can you get them?

yell02

I've read the great FAQ on frame rail repairs by Steve Kupper. In it he says frame rails are available ... but he doesn't say where ... for about $300. Now, if I have to, I'm going to do that repair he talks about but maybe, just maybe I'm going to buy a frame rail. Does anybody know where I could get one? I need the drivers side rail.

Try 2002AD in California (where's cambridge) 1-800-4-2002AD, or try your dealership but it looks to be NLA. You are looking for the circled part right? Also I believe that Steve's frame rail repair was done with some sheet metal that was cut and bent from flat stock. You could always just build your own from flat stock.

post-377-13667568085675_thumb.jpg

'79 & '80 Vespas, R75/6 + R90/6 (and a Triumph), '76 IH Scout II

E36 

'71 VIN: 2574356 - Nevada, Sunroof, RUST and a really nice '76

Yup! That's the part you've circled in your drawing? I'll check at 2002 AD. I've been looking all night on the net. Hadn't checked 2002AD yet. We'll see. I've got a guy who can probably make one from scratch or repair the one I have but usually if you can find the part somewhere it'll be cheaper than fabricating something.

Cambridge is in the Province of Ontario about an hour west of Toronto

post-2005-13667568108622_thumb.gif

I bought a new one from Maximillian a few years ago during Hugo's restoration....they weren't NLA then...I'd try dealer or Max, etc.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"