• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need help getting my hazard lights to work................

PSloan

My car has a brand new hazard switch and an electronic flasher relay. The turn signals work and the hazard switch lights up - but when I engage it, the lights dont flash and if the blinker was on it turns off. If I remember correctly when i tried an early hazard switch i could get the flashers to work but not the turn signals. Any ideas? The purple wire off the back of the switch dead ends - but i thought that just went to the stereo anyways? I really need to get my car inspected so if you guys have any ideas........

Patrick Sloan

1975 inka 2002 - 2375719

1991 325iC

2001 325i

this is advice from my vw van- because my 02 has always worked i havnt looked into it-

BUT: I had a no go on the blinkers/hazards and tracked the problem to the steering column, where (in the van) a resister had been shoved up against metal grounding out the signal. I have no idea if the 02 has a resister in the circuit, but a black tape good wrapping of all the wiring where it rubbed against metal solved my problem.

hoepfully its as simple as that-

'70 project