• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedal box plugs - the rectangular things

JustinB

Hey all, been ages since I posted here last but anyway I need some advice on what to do. I have two pedal boxes, one that is pretty rusted out (so I wont be using that one) without the rectangular access hole in the bottom corner, and one decent one that does have it. I was going to use the good box, but weld up that hole since I don't have some little plastic plug that apparently goes there to seal it up. However, before I do that I am asking any of you if you have one of the plugs in decent shape you want to get rid of, or if you know where I can get a new one?

Thanks, Justin.

Here's a pic showing the rectangular hole:

DSCF1923.jpg

It is from www.my2002tii.com

I suppose the hole is to let the brake fluid leak out when the clutch master cylinder gives up. There is no official BMW plug. You could weld on a sheet metal patch. The good cosmetic thing to do is to replace the foam cover - it will stop the draft from blowing in, and let brake fluid leak out when there is a problem.

Steve Vonk

'74 BMW 2002 Atlantik

Oh gotcha, I was told that there was a plug that went there at some point but now I know better. I guess I was just looking for some extra work to do, not that I dont already have enough as it is :( I am getting a new foam pad already from Blunt, so it should work out fine. THanks.