• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Before I re-attach my rocker panel chrome trim.............

Russkcpa

No rust on the driver side rocker but I'm wondering if I should treat the clip holes with rust preventer and maybe spray just the lower part of the rocker (which is the dull black) with something like a "stone guard" black spray. I did that with my E21 and it came out looking very nice. I'm TEMPTED to pull the rocker panel chrom strip off the passenger side also

THESE CHROME PIECES ARE A BITCH TO GET BACK ON -still haven't got the knack yet

Thanks for any opinions

Russ

post-1716-1366756698003_thumb.jpg

1973 Tii Turkis

1983 320is Henna

I sprayed inside the rockers with rust preventative while the trim clips were off....with a spray nozzle "tube" you'd be surprised at how much paint you can get inside those rockers...let it drip out onto a sheet or something..it "will" drip out the bottom.

Both 3M and Wurth make a stone guard product...then simply spray over it with whatever color you wish.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

John Weese

'72tii "Hugo"

'73tii "Atlantik"

'74 '02 "Inka"

'76 '02 "Malaga"

'72tii engine VIN 2760081 - waiting on a rebuild

"Keep your revs up and watch your mirrors!"

• 10 months later...

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM AND SINCE YOU ARE TAKING YOUR ROCKER MLDG'S OFF.......CAN YOU SEND ME SOME PICS AS TO HOW THEY GO ON....I BOUGHT A CAR THAT WAS MISSING THE ROCKER MLDG'S...I BOUGHT NEW ROCKER MLDG'S , BUT NO INFO ON HOW TO PUT ON AND WHAT CLIPS I NEED.

I ONLY HAVE THE ROCKER MLDG'S...NOTHING ELSE....HELP

VONBIMMER IN CANADA

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM AND SINCE YOU ARE TAKING YOUR ROCKER MLDG'S OFF.......CAN YOU SEND ME SOME PICS AS TO HOW THEY GO ON....I BOUGHT A CAR THAT WAS MISSING THE ROCKER MLDG'S...I BOUGHT NEW ROCKER MLDG'S , BUT NO INFO ON HOW TO PUT ON AND WHAT CLIPS I NEED.

VONBIMMER IN CANADA

VONBIMMER IN CANADA