• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bumblebee on ebay...again.

GregR

I sold the car awhile back, made its way to Alabama, then Michigan. After running a recent search on ebay there she was again...poor thing,

I hope you find a good home, if I could I'd go and save you.

a3_12.jpg

56_12.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-BMW-2002-Texas-Calander-Car-2002Tii-Turbo-Upgrades_W0QQitemZ4648038200QQihZ002QQcategoryZ42601QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ca '76: Sahara / Korman Stage I

OMG!! That's exactly how I want Karl to look after the resto. Minus the front airdam and flairs however. That car is shit hot! Kick ass old 70's style with the stripes. Love it! Shoulda never let her go...

- Ash

"My dad was right, it was cheaper just to buy a new car."

'75 Golf Yellow Automatic 2002 with Weber 32/36 DGAV - "Karl"

railwayKarl-1.jpg

Hey Tim,

Ja... Im zee friend of ol' Alex Von groupenstuff.

..Well got side tracked for awhile, but I have the engine and transmission on a palet ready for shipping. I plan to ship it this coming week. They are expecting a 6-8 week turnaround, then I can put her all back together hopefully in time for the fall drive. Hows the 5 speed holding up in the 75?

Sorry I missed you guys in spring-

I could of brought my 318is but it just wouldn't have been the same.

I was home mourning the loss of my 2002's engine.

I put 900 miles on it the weekend of MidAmerica fest.

Watch posts . There may be a Hot Springs meet in Aug or Sept.

I also tuned my Tii with a co2 analyser and it runs better now than it has for years.

Where is you engine and tranny going for rebuild? Are you having tranny done too? You might want to put in a 5 speed instead for rebuilding a 4 speed.

Was converting the body for the 5 speed difficult? I think we may end up going with Korman, I got a reasonable price for their stage 1 rebuild. They said 350k can be expected out of it. If I can get it put together by then I'd be more than up for hot springs.

Guest Anonymous

Dan at Korman's did the 5-speed conversion on Otis for me. Whistle-clean install, and it made all the difference in the world. 2800 RPM on highway cruising, great gas mileage, less noise. My '02 Group buddies give me all sorts of grief for going to Korman's, but Dan is a true craftsman.

I've seen her on eBay three different times, including only a couple of weeks ago. I remember her from the classifieds, if I had just waited a couple weeks longer I probably could have bought her

1963 Vespa VNB

1972 BMW 2002 - Sold :-(

1972 Porsche 911T - Sold :-(

Well, as the previous owner, I can tell you the car does need some things.

Don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun with it, and you get more attention in the "bee" than almost any other car.

I came across a clean 76 from California and decided to go that route instead. (then blew it up, see project blog) Adventures of a BMW 2002 enthusiast never get boring.

That was the first time I saw it, then later I found out it was for sale and bought it from Bryant Robinson. I think before that the car was owned by a Porsche mechanics son in South Texas. When I was selling the car a guy from down there remembered the car and he wanted to buy it based on its reputation.

Hows your 76 doing?