• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can a Tii motor be changed to carbs?

boxy02

Sure, why not?

It's pretty simple actually. The only thing to consider is that you'll probably have to run premium gas in it due to the High compression ratio.

But, have you ever driven a car with injected tii engine?? I suspect you haven't or you would not be asking this question..... :)

Bret.

Thanks for the info guys!

No, I haven't driven a tii, as I am new to the BMW 2002 ranks. I suppose I could just run the tii setup and make up my mind whether or not to keep it FI. (I guess I need to do some research on what is needed to pull off this swap.)

So, does anyone know what is needed to swap a tii motor into a non tii chassis? 8^)

Do you use the same fuel pump? It can't be that much different in design from the MFI 911 setups? or is it?

Thanks for the 930 comment...I'm going through withdrawls, she's in paint & body at the moment, and I miss drivin' her...

post-886-13667563935831_thumb.jpg

Mike

74 2002

I have a stock carborated 2002 that is my daill driver right now. I will happily trade you my 2002 motor for your 2002tii motor!!!!!

I will even deliver my carborated 2002 motor to you and pick up your tii. That is if your intrested???

I don't have one to sell or trade. I was thinking of buying this one...

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,272655/

Mike

74 2002