• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

71 2002 wiper question ??????

sfs63

They have not worked since I bought the car and was going to tackle them today. Does anybody have an idea where to start and how to check to see if the motor is getting juice. I am really not to good with electrical stuff. Also, the wire to the washer pump is melted so I think that could be an issue because they both go to the same relay I believe. Thanks in advance for your help.

it's been my experience that the wiper motors are pretty robust. first thing you must do is remove it so that you can clean up and oil every joint in the wiper assembly, arms etc. then open up the small gearbox and clean and grease the contact plate. check the carbon brushes for condition and ensure the armature contact surface is clean. bolt it back up and test run it with wiper switch before reinstalling. i'm betting you'll have sucess if your wirings not at fault.

Former owner of 2570440 & 2760440
Current owner of 6 non-op 02's

& 1 special alfa