• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will this Alpina trunk tank fit an 02?

Guest Anonymous

I know mine is as I have both of those type tanks. I have 3 M3 extended range ones and 1 Alpina unit that has the Alpina decal like that one in the auction has.

The seller should have honestly listed that on www.ebay.co.uk or www.ebay.de as he would have gotten a better price.

b8_1.JPG

If you look closely you can see the Alpina label. It's tough but that is it.

How does it work? Does it go over the top of the stock tank? Does it go below? It is labeled an Aux tank, so it is probably a reserve system. I think this tank would be nice as a Aux tank for an alpina clone, or something, and I'm curious how it works, or if it would retro-fit to a 2002. I like the tanks that go into the spare tire compartment. Anyone use one before? What do you do with the spare?[/code]

post-498-13667562019842_thumb.jpg

lots and lots of bucks. The Turbo tank is 15.? gallons, or so. But, it requires a special pick-up and return plumbing. I found one a few years back, but the entire cost of just the materials was quoted at well over 1k by a west coast rare parts seller. It would also require a built-up trunk floor, or a CS trunk floor to accomodate flush.

1971 Sahara, 1972 Inka tii with Alpina A4 Injection. Both cars have too many upgrades for the "signature" square. 1987 M325ic daily driver( all E30M3 except chassis).