• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tire Size Suggestion 13x6...BBS

jgmgti

I'm getting a set of BBS RA 179 13x6 ET13 for my upcoming 72 tii.

On a stock suspension w/Bilsteins,what size and brand do you folks recomend.My intended purpose is just light street driving for now.slowing down on the modified/autocrosser trackday thing for this season.

Thanks

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Guest Anonymous

185/70 would probably work best especially if your fenders are not rolled considering that you are putting on E21 offset wheels rather than 2002 offset (29mm ET) wheels. Some will run 205/60 tires on a 6" wheel but it is much better suited to a 7" wheel.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Thanks,thought 185/60/13 would work..opinions?

jgmgti

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

Napes, thanks,185/70/13 seems to be the answer...I'm coming most recently from the modified MKI GTI world where the hot set up would be strangly 175/50/13 or 205/60/13 for auto x....This 2002 tii is to be my stocker grandpa-style occaisional driver

jgmgi