• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey ScottNC-looks like they DID print your letter in Roundel

Rigmaster

and it's the very first one!!! Though Satch didn't really address your letter in his reply.

I tend to feel the same way about O'fest, WAY too much $$$ for what you get in return (Not including hotel $$$). Satch said he enjoyed the good food and good conversation- but $200 worth!!!??? I know the CCA volunteers work their asses off, and I appreciate that, but it's just gotten more and more expensive over the years, and it seems like it's an annual gathering for the folks in the club who spend all year planning for their next O'fest. I'd rather get together and eat hot dogs + hamburgers and BS about cars with folks who think the same way.

Sub-$100 basic registration for the whole week (should include 1 dinner and some other light luncheons, plus the basics) and/or ~$20 "day passes" NOT including meals, etc sounds about right to me. Of course there should be reasonable fees for extras like Autox, rally, Driver's school, etc- but they're already charging extra for those on top of the current registration fee.

Bret.

i agree that it seems a bit pricey. but in all fairness i don't think that we really know until we are the ones doing the work and what all of the costs are involved.

personally i think the thing that really irriated me was that scott, who did SO MUCH (which is probally more than any of us realize) for this o'fest, STILL had to pay full price to go. THAT to me, is unfair. the way i see it, if you volunteer as much as he did for the event, then some good karma should be thrown his way.

i dunno. that's my 02 cents.

-dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0