• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

We are Back!

15 hours ago, steve k. said:

Not seeing the Cookie Banner problem. We have to implement a new one due to rule changes. So that is fun.

I documented the Unred Content as a bug, you can still get to all of that by going to Activities and use the top one.

Steve 

Maybe it’s just me, but I have to press Activity, then all Activity to see stuff.  Prior to the recent change, I simply pressed one thing after logging in. See highlighted screen shot.  Yes, there are the row of icons on the bottom with words, but you have to look there.

Edit:  As I’ve found with most sites, having cryptic icons instead of a word is confusing.  This seems to be a challenge to understand how to navigate sites.  New users most likely won’t know what to do after logging in.  Hate to be a “Debbie Downer”.  Thanks for all that you do Steve!!

edit #2: my profile picture is gone.

IMG_2367.jpeg

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• Administrators

I know the issue that is causing the unread content to error.  It is the Video Collection that we have. It is currently disabled, but it i still causing issues and needs to be uninstalled. The developer for that app is MIA, and I might have to permanently lose it. I have a replacement app, but I cannot transfer the data, so I will need some help finding all posts with "New Video Added" and adding those videos to the new location.  I'll configure the new Video App soon and start the manual migration. 

@jgerock Mobile devices are a bit harder to deal with due to limited space, so more icons are used. A new version of the software is coming in about 3 months. It will bring a new UI. I know how much you guys love change :), but it should make things a bit easier to use in both desktop and mobile views.  I noticed a broken image for your avatar, and I could not find it in my storage, so I removed it. Please, feel free to add it again.

steve 

• Like 3

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

On 1/25/2024 at 7:13 AM, jgerock said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I have to press Activity, then all Activity to see stuff.  Prior to the recent change, I simply pressed one thing after logging in. See highlighted screen shot.  Yes, there are the row of icons on the bottom with words, but you have to look there.

instead of relying on buttons or menu choices each time, go to the page you want, then save it in your browser as a favorite.  that is what I do.  the "unread content" page is my default FAQ page.  when i go to my FAQ page bookmark, first thing i get is all the new content on the site.

PS - i don't bother with the mobile app.  the smart phone browser works just fine.

Edited by M3M3
  • Like 1

2xM3