• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 Mintgrün EFI/5-speed/LSD in Atlanta - $25000

Price: $25000

Description:

'75 Mintgrün 2002 "Asterix" for sale in Atlanta GA area, Megasquirt EFI, longtime active FAQer, asking $25k!

I think the time has finally come to move on to the next project. Kids + commuting - space are taking a toll, and after finally getting it back on the road after sitting for a year without an engine in it (more on that below) has made me realize I'm just not driving/missing driving it as much as I thought I would.  I'm still getting a few odds and ends sorted, but I want to make sure FAQers get first dibs, so putting this up here before I bother even thinking about things like FB marketplace or BaT.  Here's the short list:

Body is GREAT! Originally Jade but someone sparyed a quick'n'dirty red over top of that, so in 2009 I had it sanded down, fixed the bad spots, and (properly) repainted my favorite Mint. 15 years on it has a few corner chips, etc. but still is straight, shiny, clean, and RUST FREE!

Inside the floors have been POR-15ed, FatMatted, and new carpet around that same time that now probably no longer counts as 'new.' Generic but comfy and light cloth sport seats, 3-spoke 320iS steering wheel, and rear shoulder belts.

ALL the driveline goodies: Bilsteins with H&R springs, Getrag 245 5-speed, 3.91 LSD, rebuilt steering box, rebuilt stock brakes - I stayed stock so that they still fit under the beautiful 14" Panasports!

Currently running on a good-condition stock engine, complemented by the Megasquirt fuel injected 318i intake and Supersprint 4-2-1 exhaust, which sounds just beautiful.  Puts 90HP and 100ft-lbs. of torque down to the rear wheels, with a really great torque curve:

PXL_20240125_152727900.thumb.jpg.b64862af89b22d077ec1755311ea32b5.jpg

Also comes with the original/matching engine that I rebuilt in 2009, including the freshly rebuilt E12 head with a NEW 292 cam, BUT was recently pulled due to a bad knock from the bottom end that I just haven't been able to figure out (it's not rod knock, bearings are all fine).  I'm sure it's still worth saving though: Great head, good genuine BMW oil pump, good crankshaft, IE 9.5:1 pistons, IE crank pulley/trigger wheel, head, etc.

Everything works and I've done many little electrical upgrades and fortunately the details for all of them are available here on the forums since I always post my schematics, etc.  A few notable ones include the automatic electric cooling fan, VDO oil pressure gauge, Koito headlights, aux daytime running lights (also function as additional driving lights with the high beams), LED brake and turn signal bulbs, and my personal favorite: the LED bargraph indicator built into the Fasten Seat Belt pod for AFR and battery voltage!

Also quite a few extra spares and goodies that can be included with a good offer, such as a Lynx manifold w/matching DCOE!

IMG_20200320_073512.jpg

Asterix_Road Atlanta_3.JPG

IMG_20190404_144021.jpg

PXL_20240109_123922687 (1).jpg

IMG_20180126_135818.jpg

PXL_20240111_223109891.jpg

PXL_20240131_224116955.jpg

Edited by AustrianVespaGuy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• AustrianVespaGuy changed the title to 1975 Mintgrün EFI/5-speed/LSD in Atlanta - $27000
  • AustrianVespaGuy changed the title to 1975 Mintgrün EFI/5-speed/LSD in Atlanta - $25000