• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

La Prealpina or Thule roof racks

klbeans

@klbeans,
I got antsy because I honestly couldn’t remember if I still had them 😂. They are dirty but do clean up very well. One of the knobs is cracked is the only flaw. Found the keys too. 
I am not a true Thule aficionado, so let me know if these are of the vintage you are after. 
🍻

IMG_8435.jpeg

IMG_8436.jpeg

IMG_8437.jpeg

IMG_8438.jpeg

Hi Rich. Thanks for digging these out and getting these pictures over to me so quickly.

Doing very limited research, the model you have is specifically made for 1984 - 1991 VW Golf/Jetta (https://www.lpl.com.pt/resources/product_pdfs/305.pdf). Looking at the design, I can see that they may work on my rain gutters. Have you had them on a BMW 2002 before?

A few additional questions:

- I assume you don't have the load bars to go with the feet?

- how much are you asking?

- are you willing to ship to Canada?

I'm currently weighing some options. I found a vintage yakima fork mount carrier I'm interested in but those would only work on Yakima racks and not Thule. My other option is I go with Sweet Patina shorty racks (

SWEETPATINA.BIGCARTEL.COM

Out of stock but will be shipping ASAP in the order placed. Y'all looking for some "Shorties"?? Well here they are!!! ha We are very...

) but these can prove to be pricey. Given the current economic climate, price will weigh in on my decision but I do want to be sure I'm buying something that will work for me and that I'll be happy with.

I have a few of each style instrument cluster clock, roundie silver dollar 6v & 12v, 71-73 black, 74-76 crosshair, but only one Tii clock that I am keeping. 
Back to the Thule. The feet do not fit quite as well as I would like them on my own car without bending the clamp a bit. Being specific to a MKii VW does make sense as the gutters were very shallow. 
I’ll take pics in the morning to show you what I mean. And I do have the load bars, but they are not wide enough for the 02 roof. The fairing is MIA many moons ago.