• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car registry requires full address

I tried posting my new-to-me car in the registry. I'd rather not give my full address. The post says you can just give city and state, which I tried to do, but get this error message just below it. See screen grab below.

image.thumb.png.f946b1117fc8f382232b38fda44b1f9f.png

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

14 hours ago, Pablo M said:

I tried posting my new-to-me car in the registry. I'd rather not give my full address. The post says you can just give city and state, which I tried to do, but get this error message just below it. See screen grab below.

image.thumb.png.f946b1117fc8f382232b38fda44b1f9f.png

Did you try leaving all fields blank?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Both of these options are basically the same.

Why does the thread give the option to give partial info if it then wont let you submit with any missing info?

I do not want to give my street address but thought it helpful to know what city and state the car was based.

Leaving it blank worked. 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

• 2 months later...

Tried unsuccessfully to enter a car yesterday.  I entered the proper city and state but left the street address and zip code out (unknown).  Next, I tried just the city. 

If I do nothing, the default state is “Alabama”. Will this create a new registry listing showing that location? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Jim Gerock

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, steve k. said:

I think I have resolved the location issue, and it should allow partial address entries. Is anyone willing to test?

I’ll try it again.  Edited. Entered a vehicle. Strange how the location “skips” over any type of an entry if you don’t put any city or state. Wonder if the registry entry was edited some portion of the address could be added.  

I added two images, but only the main one appears.

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock