• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turkey induced moment of reflection. Would a Honda be easy.

Dudeland

6 hours ago, Wallyinc said:

@Dudeland I've been down this rabbit hole! One journey I don't regret either. I would do a k-swap if I was going to start the project this very day. More abundant and way more cheap than a f20/22. If you have any questions AT ALL, please let me know. I've figured the f20/f22 honda/2002 swap out down to the last detail... okay, almost last detail. Still working on my tune :) I'd be happy to help in anyway, also have a TON of photos. 

Thanks so much for reaching out.  I am eager to get the car back together and mingle in the community of 02 owners once again.  I am planning to go to the big midwest show next year.  I would love to go for a rip in one of these swapped cars. 

Keep us in the loop, and kindly share your knowledge. 

Regards

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

I’ll start a build post in the next few days with more details and photos. I’ve spent some time on the s2ki forum , learned a lot from them and will definitely share what I’ve learned. I purchased my engine/tranny combo many years ago (when they were still reasonably priced) and had to do a ap2 dbw to drive by cable setup.

It’s really been a budget build as I’ve done almost all the work myself and the lack of funds have been a blessing in disguise as it has forced me to pick up and learn a lot (from tig & mig  welding, to painting, to ecu programming, upholstery…) in order to continue the build process. 

I’ll post a link to that build post as soon as I make it!

9506B488-5240-485D-8415-8902CFDB463D.thumb.jpeg.bff3b3379fbb83e4bff2ff91b23f81f5.jpeg

Edited by Wallyinc
  • Like 2