• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAR WEEK UPDATE

joysterm

Monterey2017byArimyakSML.thumb.jpg.a420c959c2fe95030fe23225e070dda5.jpg.ed46fbc99fec64ef427a0c1efbf35003.jpg

Photo by Paul T Winterton

Only 194 Days and counting.....

As many of you may know Paul Winterton, my friend passed almost 2 months ago suddenly. In our last conversation Paul and I talked about this event (Car Week) at length and how much he and I were looking forward to our trip. He  was emphatic that I continue with our plan and get to Monterey  in spite of his absence. It remains my hope that I can follow through with those plans, so  as a result our group is looking for someone to  join us in  for Car Week. (Aug 15-21). The accommodations for the week is a 5 bedroom VRBO  on the beach just outside Castroville. 

Just briefly,  we have myself and 3 other FAQ guys from Seattle scheduled to leave the PNW on or around August 10th for the trip down the coast arriving in Monterey on the morning of the 15th. It is our hope to take some time to drive the coast and take in its majestic sights. So if you are West Coast guy and want to hook up along the way even better. Or.. if you are just looking to attend the event and just need a room to crash , that's OK too.

Should this opportunity be something that appeals to your sense of adventure or even check a box on your bucket list, please contact me and I will be glad to fill you in on all the details.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by joysterm
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Hi Steve, I am hopeful that we can take you up on your gracious offer and hospitality...I remain confident  COVID will be less of a threat and the event will go ahead.  I am planning to have our itinerary finalized by the end of March so I will keep you apprised. Also, If by chance you hear any news concerning Car Week, could you let us know that would be great.

Again thanks for the offer Steve, I will be sure to bring some (Canadian) beer to help celebrate !

Regards,

Mike

Edited by joysterm