• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10 Engine Evolution: 1964 "116"Head & 1965 "118" Head

Slavs

Cool. Spray bar is also missing the two mounting tabs either end, although they could also have gone missing anytime in the last 55 years. Something else I've noticed in these early engines is the cam sprocket with two access holes for the clamp bracket, which was obviously unecessary as you can easily get to them from the side with a spanner. They're also quite a bit lighter than the later solid sprocket - 420gms versus 483 (FYI e21 single row sprocket is 414 whilst the e30 single is massively lighter at 346)

Did you also know there are two versions of the smooth cam cover - one for an oil spray bar that has curved ribs to clear and one with flat ribs that doesn't clear.

camcover-curved.jpg

camcover-flat.jpg

• Like 2

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

I'm seeing marks on the spray bar right about where the mounting brackets would be-

given how much the M10 vibrates, I'm going with your second interpretation- the brackets got left

off in the rebuild.

I LOVE that attachment method- so much sexier than the crushed tube and crush washers that came later.

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL