• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: Old-style vacuum booster hose

Stein-man

I have already bought (after lots of searching) a dimensionally-correct replacement hose (it's just a rubber hose) that I will use if I can't come up with a better original.  I want the fabric-covered, wound-spring-wire hose that came on the car.  Surely someone has a nicer one than the mealy one that came on my car.  I don't need your one-way valve, mine works fine.  Let me know what you have, thanks!

DSC_1440[1].JPG

Edited by Stein-man
added wording

Hi, Jae -

Interestingly, Blunt has "image not available" and ECS has it, not in stock, and the sales guy couldn't tell me if it was a 12x19 hose.  He also couldn't tell me if it has a wound wire in it.  Previously, I had just hunted for a 12x19 hose with the wound wire.  I may just have to go buy one and look at it when it comes.  Is the Cohline hose you bought 12x19 with a wound wire in it?  If so, can you share the part number?  Thanks!

- Rob

The wire wound booster hose is not available by that (or any) BMW part number.  You are basically looking for someone's 30-40-50 year old hose at this point.  Not sure I'd recommend that on a safety principle.  You're only chance is to find some source that is not BMW who still has it produced....volvo, porsche, other european car supplier.

Hi, Ace -

Yeah, I know about the 50 year-old part.  It's just a vacuum hose, no hot liquids flow though it under pressure - safety risk low, I think.  I searched and search for a 12x19 hose and none I found had the wound wire.  Sigh.  I may have to live with this 3' long, $36 part that I ordered.  We will see.

- Rob