• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1973 M10 Engine and 4-speed transmission

trimbk

I bought the car with this engine. It was a 4-speed swap into an automatic chassis. It had sat for 20 years and I could not get it to turn, so it got disassembled. The only issues noted were the rough conditions of the cylinder bores. All the parts are for sale as a package, disassembled with well marked fastener packs.

Pictures here: https://imgur.com/gallery/vZuiYGO

Located in central NC. Looking for reasonable offers. Need the garage space to continue with my project.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The casting date of the block appears to be November 27, 1975 (“27L75” in an oval frame on the block’s right side), if I’m reading the digits correctly.

The casting date of the head, an E21 2,0, is November 1975 (11 “nubs” surrounding “75” on the head’s left side).

The valve cover appears to have a casting date of October 1975 (10 “nubs” surrounding “75” on the cover’s underside).

All three casting dates, and the head type, are consistent with a U.S.-spec 1976 model (49-state version) manufactured after November 27, 1975, possibly in December 1975.

The engine number (on a flat boss on the block’s left side, at the rear of the block) would reveal the specific car it was originally installed in.

GLWS,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 3

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...