• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Broken Speedo Cable Extension

My speedo started jumping today, and at low speeds it sounded like I had a rock in the tire going click click click.  A little while later, the speedo gave up the ghost.  The extension; that I assume is part of the 5-speed conversion is now broken.  Is there a speedo cable that will fit as one piece, or do I need to find another of these extensions?  Any advice would be appreciated!

Tim

209254480_SpeedoExtension.thumb.jpg.f6e5c38b04eabb39a602252df7b6a138.jpg

Tim Dennison

'72 BMW 2002 tii - Malaga,  '02 BMW Z3 Coupe Sterling Gray,  '09 BMW 650i - Carbon Black,  '15 BMW 228i Estoril Blue,  '19 BMW Z4 30 - San Francisco Red

If you want a new single piece one it should be either from the 2002 automatic, bavaria/e3, or bavaria automatic. I used the bavaria automatic becuase it was the cheapest at the time I think 17 euros from walloth nesch but it is a little bit longer than optimal.

I think ireland engineering also sells their own specifically for 5 speed conversions

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, albatcha said:

If you want a new single piece one it should be either from the 2002 automatic, bavaria/e3, or bavaria automatic. I used the bavaria automatic becuase it was the cheapest at the time I think 17 euros from walloth nesch but it is a little bit longer than optimal.

I think ireland engineering also sells their own specifically for 5 speed conversions

Thanks albatcha!  I just looked up the IE part.  I think I'll be ordering one of those.

Tim Dennison

'72 BMW 2002 tii - Malaga,  '02 BMW Z3 Coupe Sterling Gray,  '09 BMW 650i - Carbon Black,  '15 BMW 228i Estoril Blue,  '19 BMW Z4 30 - San Francisco Red