• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 restoration

Mint

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 2:06 PM, Mint said:

HI Team,

Recently purchased a flooded 2002tii, any recommend workshop for restoration in Melbourne, Vic?

thanks,

Mint

That is a very sad sight! What kind of work are you looking at having done to the car to bring her back - full paint and mechanical go over?

I can recommend separate places but not a one stop shop sadly...

Tom

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

I got the engine running again but the interior needs redo, i also found out that there are some rust at the driver’s footwell and i need to replace the whole wiring system. 

Mint

On 2/20/2019 at 7:57 PM, oz_tom said:

That is a very sad sight! What kind of work are you looking at having done to the car to bring her back - full paint and mechanical go over?

I can recommend separate places but not a one stop shop sadly...

Tom

• 4 months later...
On 2/28/2019 at 11:25 PM, Mint said:

Hi Tom,

I got the engine running again but the interior needs redo, i also found out that there are some rust at the driver’s footwell and i need to replace the whole wiring system. 

Mint

Hey Mint - how is the restoration coming along of your car?
I've pulled together a few 02ers who will be going to the German Auto Show (August 25) so if you're about, let me know mate :)

I recently found out that W&N do flat rate shipping so that might help with keeping the cost down on your parts (eg. the floors) - unfortunately GST is now under $1k i think ... bit annoying!

Tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

Hi Tom,

How are you? 

The car is currently in a workshop to get the floor panels replaced. Unfortunately i cant bring the 02 to the German Auto Show, However i will be attending the event.

On 7/17/2019 at 12:48 PM, Mint said:

Hi Tom,

How are you? 

The car is currently in a workshop to get the floor panels replaced. Unfortunately i cant bring the 02 to the German Auto Show, However i will be attending the event.

Will be great to meet you!

I'm trying to make sure my car will be ready but i'm away for the 3 weeks before the event overseas :(. Regardless, i'll be there in an 02 of some sort! 

I coordinate an '02 Register' for Victoria mailing list (along with the 2002 Owners, Australia Facebook group). If you would like me to add you onto the mailing list - flick me your email (usually just email about 02 drives, parts for sale, group buys, that kind of thing) :)

Love to see some pics of your progress!

Tom

Edited by oz_tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors