Mint

02 restoration

5 posts / 320 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

HI Team,

Recently purchased a flooded 2002tii, any recommend workshop for restoration in Melbourne, Vic?

thanks,

Mint

CC2C2C17-ABFB-45F9-A165-939DBACEF167.jpeg

Edited by Mint
Missing information

On 1/26/2019 at 2:06 PM, Mint said:

HI Team,

Recently purchased a flooded 2002tii, any recommend workshop for restoration in Melbourne, Vic?

thanks,

Mint

That is a very sad sight! What kind of work are you looking at having done to the car to bring her back - full paint and mechanical go over?

I can recommend separate places but not a one stop shop sadly...

Tom

Hi Tom,

I got the engine running again but the interior needs redo, i also found out that there are some rust at the driver’s footwell and i need to replace the whole wiring system. 

Mint

On 2/20/2019 at 7:57 PM, oz_tom said:

That is a very sad sight! What kind of work are you looking at having done to the car to bring her back - full paint and mechanical go over?

I can recommend separate places but not a one stop shop sadly...

Tom

On 2/28/2019 at 11:25 PM, Mint said:

Hi Tom,

I got the engine running again but the interior needs redo, i also found out that there are some rust at the driver’s footwell and i need to replace the whole wiring system. 

Mint

Hey Mint - how is the restoration coming along of your car?
I've pulled together a few 02ers who will be going to the German Auto Show (August 25) so if you're about, let me know mate :)

I recently found out that W&N do flat rate shipping so that might help with keeping the cost down on your parts (eg. the floors) - unfortunately GST is now under $1k i think ... bit annoying!

Tom

Hi Tom,

How are you? 

The car is currently in a workshop to get the floor panels replaced. Unfortunately i cant bring the 02 to the German Auto Show, However i will be attending the event.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.