• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB, Linx or Dual 45-40 intake

TVeye

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
15 hours ago, TVeye said:

Cannon is not on my list, considered and declined.

Thanks,

First - a few questions. 

Are you still on the fence between single and dual DCOE carbs? Why?

What is your end goal. The two options are VASTLY different, with respect to the finished outcome of your project.

Why not the Cannon intakes? Just curious. I've used several different brands over the years and have only had issues with the one piece manifolds inhibiting installation of the top-mount linkage pictured (the only linkage I will install, by the way - as it's reliable, easy to adjust, and stays adjusted for looooong periods of time. ) On the one pc manifolds, the center "bridge" is in the way of the bellcrank levers with this kit. That's my only problem with those.

Top mount linkage shown...works GREAT and rarely needs re-adjustment.

The internal choices you make on your motor will determine which carb set-up is best.

If I'm only using one carb, the 38/38 or 40/40 DOWNDRAFT units would be my choice. If I'm going for BLING....I'm going ALL IN and I  want FOUR throttle plates! :D

Depending on your build, 40mm DCOEs may yield better results than simply "choking down" a set of 45s. I've used both on the same engine, and the characteristics of throttle response and high rpm performance, even when swapping internal bits to compensate, was dramatic. Some good...some bad...

topmount.JPG

Edited by wegweiser

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com