• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

200 Tii question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Fender rust and hood rust are no problem but rocker panels, strut tower or rail rust are a big problem, since these are structural panels. The main thing is the engine, if it is in good shape the car should be a rocket, otherwise it is just a parts car and not worth anything. $3000 is a good price if the engine is solid

Guest Anonymous

I need your opinions guys...

I was at my mechanic shop this morning and has a 74 2002 Tii seating in his yard (unfortunately under the elements). He asking $3500. The car is complete...

- It has some big rust holes in front of the hood,

where the belt goes (he say he will include a

different used GREEN hood)

- It also has some rust holes on the lower part of the

outside front fender (passenger side).

- The silver paint is all there, but no shine and its

dull.

He is saying all floors are good. The interior looks tired but complete & OK. Driver seat needs some work.

He says the car runs and everything.... I didn't drive the car...

Do you think its worth it $3500 and how much these car sell for ??? Where else I should look for problem areas ???

TIA

Guest Anonymous

I think that 3500 is a little steep myself. Check out bimmers.com. It may help you decide if you think its worth it or not. How much do you have to put into it to get it into the condition that you may want it to be in? Just an FYI, i have seen some beautiful tii's out there for $5,000 or even for 4,000. This may be a more suitable solution for a ride. Especially if the person your buying it from has done much of the stuff that you may have to tackle yourself in the long run. Check out the site, and hope it helps. Good Luck! ...Kevin