RhodyM20

Sold E21 Sport Steering Wheel w/ Original Leather

5 posts / 1165 viewsLast Reply

Price: $220

Description:

I went back to the original steering wheel in my Euro E21. This is in very nice shape with what I believe to be original leather, and it is holding together impressively well. Looks nice and period, not shiny/new, but no major blemishes and stitching holding together tightly. Comes w/ new horn button. Shroud that goes around hub has been professionally epoxied to the wheel; splines in good shape, too. Horn works and no funny noises when mounted. Pickup available in Warwick, Rhode Island; price is plus shipping and PayPal fees.

sw1.jpg

sw2.jpg

sw3.jpg

sw4.jpg

sw5.jpg

sw6.jpg

sw7.jpg

While the rubber spokes might not be the most popular look in a 2002, this wheel is the best and most comfortable steering wheel I have ever had in my car.  I removed a Petri sport wheel to go back to my late 320i sport wheel because its that much better.  The diameter is spot on. And for me, the rim thickness is the key.  So much more comfortable for driving.. the thin Petri, while sexy as hell to look at, was distracting when I was driving back roads aggressively.  But the 320 sport wheel just goes away.  I don't remember thinking about or feeling the thing at all.  True story.  Stacey Gabbard was there (wish I could tag him), the time I am referring to.  ;)  Maybe he will ring in.  

Good luck with the sale.  With the leather intact, and not sun scorched, this is a great piece. 

• Like 1