• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A/C Blower motor Behr

Okke

I am looking for a working A/C blower motor for a Behr A/C unit to finish the build of my Touring. I have one but the plastic rotors are cracked beyond repair.

I only need the blower motor with the plastic rotors attached but will buy the whole unit when needed.

I live in The Netherlands but a friend from the US is able to bring them to Holland. So only US shipping is needed.

I hope you guys can help get my Touring on the road. Thank you in advance.

blower-motor-bmw-2002-airconditioning.jpg

Good luck with your project!

I would hope you could source a similar (and newer) blower motor in the Netherlands. 

My Behr blower interestingly  has metal rotors, and an 8mm shaft diameter

This would almost work for you!  https://www.mccombssupply.com/broan-vent-fan-blower-wheel-squirrel-cage-99020144/?gclid=CjwKEAjwtbPGBRDhoLaqn6HknWsSJABR-o5s6nz2YJGBGUpaMaS5x99J7GuTs8bGKwrweSZbztkb4RoCLP7w_wcB

It accepts a 1/4" shaft diameter; you need about 2mm bigger. An 8mm drill bit may work!

Good luck,

IMAG0352.jpg

Edited by ray_

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Yes, squirrel cages! Haha!

I'm not sure how critical the dimensions are, other than the shaft diameter.I think you will be able to successfully source new pieces.

It is interesting to me that the length of my cages is much less than yours. I do not think the Behr console width is different in the Touring, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

Good luck!

Ray

Thank you. You are right. The dimensions of the Touring are the same for that part of the car. As far as I know the Behr console was for the 02 and not model specific to the type of 02. Tomorrow I will measure again to see the space available.

I do think it is strange that your blower motor seems to be smaller. The plastic rings in the middle are also missing. Having those wheels in steel and not plastic seems more robust to me. I will continue my search and thanks again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Great! I'd recommend a parallel flow condenser, and a Sanden style compressor. The Clardy a/c mount will work, or you can use a Hobiedave mount, He's on the board.

Below temperature converts to -3C :)

IMG-20170331-WA0006-1.jpg

Edited by ray_

Ray

I stumbled across one of your posts, Steve. Are you running a Behr or Clardy? Working well?

My first cheap Sanden clone failed. So I got another. I may or may not have been responsible for the issue!

I know you like originality. Send me your address and I'll send you the York out of the tii ;-)

Cheers,

Ray

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2017 at 11:37 AM, ray_ said:

I stumbled across one of your posts, Steve. Are you running a Behr or Clardy? Working well?

My first cheap Sanden clone failed. So I got another. I may or may not have been responsible for the issue!

I know you like originality. Send me your address and I'll send you the York out of the tii ;-)

Cheers,

How did I miss this post, Ray?

The '76 has the Clardy installed in 1976.  It's still R12.  It works very well -- that is, just as well as it worked in 1976! ?

The equipment changes from original include a (genuine) Sanden compressor, a high/low cut-off switch, a new expansion valve, and all new hoses.  Stated differently, the evaporator/blower, condenser, and wiring are original.

I greatly appreciate your offer of the York, but I already have 3, including the compressor original to the '76, and they're just waiting to be called to duty -- probably won't happen in my lifetime!

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 5/14/2017 at 8:43 AM, Okke said:

Well guys... I received a complete Behr A/C unit but as I opened it up the inside of the motor was melted. So in short... I am again looking for a working blower motor with the blower wheels intact.

Okke, it may be not too difficult to get that melted motor rebuilt. Or to find a similarly sized and rated motor there which you can mount the squirrel cages on.

Is there a small electric motor repair shop near you?

Good luck!

Ray