• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat question

Dionk

Thanks for all the inputs.  I will read that FAQ article.  The search for a good seat option for my car continues.  By good I mean easy to install (no welding or cutting my car) and cheap short term option.  Long term I want my original o2 seats and interior restored.  

I had found some Mazda protege seats on Craigslist - but the guy responded once and never again. I may just bite the bullet and have an upholstery shop redo the seats. Not my highest priority at the moment.  Or.....I may may go out to a salvage yard this afternoon with a measuring tape.  Will report back if I do have any luck.

IMG_6807.JPG

Edited by Dionk

I  used front seats from a 2006 Honda Civic,   they are not a direct fit however 3 of the four holes are lined up with the existing seat rail.   I drilled the fourth hole and screwed the seat to the rail.     I used washers between the seat and the rail so the slider would work.       

The Civic seats sit about 1-1/12 inchs higher than originals.

I live in eastern Canada and purchased the seats off of  Kijiji(like Craigs List) for $40. ($28 USD)     Local auto upholstery shops wanted $800 per seat

Sorry I don't have pictures,  the car is in storage for the winter