• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 74 2002 tii at Star European in Orange County

Robert A Olmedo

I went to inspect this car yesterday. The car is very rust free, but not without faults. The paint is not good !!!  The non-factory inoperable sunroof has a bad fit and the wind deflector was masked off when painting and it. Clearly poor workmanship with numerous door dings and clearly a small rear ended car with a small buckle on the right rear quarter not noticeable on the pictures. The Recaro seats are very uncomfortable. It would need a full respray to have a real nice car, but I wonder why the owner went so cheap. Also the tires are very and and the thread is separating from the tires.  The good stuff, it is a tii and the receipts shoe a rebuild. It has a 5 speed trans and working AC.  I offered 15k as is from the 21.9k asking. They said it was a consignment and they could not do it.  I received a call 15 minutes after I left and they said the owner came back at 17k. I decided to pass again at that price. I think it is good at 15-16k but with transfer to the east coast it is another cost I do7want to do. 

Edited by Robert A Olmedo

Thanks for the information. I spoke with the owner and he took the car off of consignment yesterday. He noted he purchased the car in this condition and was not responsible for the paint. He did say it was tapped in a parking lot.  He is a nice guy and I bought it. So now I have the Black 74 for sale and will list my Fjord blue 76 too.