• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RamFlo filters BURN!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My first engine fire!

I cleaned ups as much as I could.

I guess a little burned plastic and foam in the carb can't really hurt the engine.

Anyone else have this happen?

Guest Anonymous

fae043db.jpg

I had one go up a couple weeks ago. I have since fixed the little back fire issue, but I don't think I'll be installing a new Ramflo anytime soon. I pulled my carb top off, and cleaned out EVERY last bit of burnt, stinky plastic, and made sure everything was good and clean before startign it up again.

Al

fa620824.jpg

fa62081e.jpg

Guest Anonymous

multi.jpg

mine was not oiled and i burnt a hole through with

a back fire out of the carb. went to local auto store

and got an edelbrock foam filter and cut it down to

size.

mike

Guest Anonymous

Is this a timing issue or jetting issue? I have sidedrafts and they squeek and backfire out the carbs. They also must leak out gas too because on the inside bottom there is well that gassy oily mess. I changed the filters the other day because well I figured with a bad backfire I could have a fire like you guys.

Thanks,

Bryan

red73

Guest Anonymous

fae043db.jpg

Typically though, a backfiring carb is from retarded timing. Mine was popping ever since installing the Pertronix, and setting the timing with a light. I set it by ear, and all has been well since.

Al