• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice 1602 on e-bay! Does anyone know this car?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

then it will return as I doubt they did the right job. Minor dents/scratches/cracked dash/seats don't match/bumper inmperfections etc. don't add to 4k even on a 2002. A 2.5k car if that.

Guest Anonymous

Almost a twin to my Nevada '69 2002, but without the crunched rear end!

This looks like a nice project car for someone. Yes, it's not perfect, but it's nice to see an early car that is as unmolested as this one. It's nicer than many of the high dollar "restored" cars I've seen in California and elsewhere.

vince

Guest Anonymous

fest01.jpg

I wouldn't be suprised if it goes much higher.

Try to put one together for anywhere near 4k that is as nice as that one.... not going to happen.

Ok it has dimples.... so maybe closer to $3,998 ;)

I have a really original 71 Nevada 4sp that looks a lot like that one with original paint, I love that color too.

Brian C

NW 02 SIG Chairman

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.e9coupe.com/talkshop/messages/7521.html

restorations always do, but that doesn't mean you get your money back out of a restoration job either. A nice unrestored '69 1600-2 might be worth 4k (unless it's the like-new one posted on the board about dimple-time). Judging the worth of a car from photos and description on ebay is a risky business. Read my report on an ebay CS I inspected over the weekend that I have linked here. Paint looks much better in photos than in person. Without an inspection like I did you don't know anything about the car.

Guest Anonymous

sedonasm.jpg

I was looking at buying his 02 project car for like 50 bucks (ended up not getting it cause parents wouldnt let me park it in their backyard :-( ). But the guy was really nice and i was asking him about it (this was before he listed it on ebay) and he was sayign that all rust in the body was repair right when it got painted. i remember him saying somehting about that around the license plate area was rusty so that was fixed too. He did say however that his project on he was selling was alot more rusty than this one was before fixing it, and the project one wasnt all that rusty. It just had rust in the spare well and around the pedal box. so it might have not been that bad. he did say that the drivetrain and engine worked perfectly. I would think from the pics and from what he told me that it would be a good daily driver and could be really nice with just a little bit of work

Guest Anonymous

market dictates value. We can "profess" all we want but if someone pays $4k for the car then it is worth $4 at that day, time and circumstance.

Even a crazed rich mad man with money to burn will only spend (in theory) one unit ($1, $5, $10 etc) then the next highest bidder.

In the case of clean used parts like all of RIMSPOKE'S auctions, the buyers (bidders) are paying a premium for convienence and lack of information (asymetrical). It is realy IMHO the perfect indicator of value. Dimples or not.

Guest Anonymous

costs new at the time of the auction, so all that means is dumb people pay more than things are worth. Now RIMSPOKE's parts do have convenience involved, and the is some added value. It is possible that some cars can be sold for more than they are worth as evidenced by the 3.0CS I inspected for someone over the weekend. The guy got it on ebay two years ago for 16.7k (according to him), and put more money in it and he only gets 13.9k now. A CS at it's true value should be stable in its' value, as an '02 should be also. I don't see too many crow about getting good value for their money on ebay, just that they got something for their money. It's funny how you guys grumble about a tool-kit going for 58 bucks when someone says new ones are 38 bucks, but no one seems to think any of these '02s are overpriced. Just because someone pays a lot of money for something doesn't make it worth the money.

The seller says it ain't a show-car that's 20k plus, although I see plenty of '02s on this board that do look like show-cars worth less than half his comment.

The seller says it's a daily-driver that turns heads. So, plenty of shit-buckets turn heads too. The seller says that it's as original as can be, but the paint isn't original and the reupholstered seats don't match the original rear. Minor scratches and dents aren't original either.

Guest Anonymous

on German ebay.. (www.ebay.de, go to "oldtimers", it's on the first page)check Hemmings (hemmings.com) now and then also, some rare bimmers pop up there now and then; I've seen Glas 1600's, NK cars.,

Best wishes,

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

Guest Anonymous

"the buyers (bidders) are paying a premium for convienence and lack of information " That lack of information - that the part is available new - is what they are paying for. For some, keeping all the price lists, frequenting the board and informing themselves about 2002s is time well spent and invested, for others it doesn't pay them, or they are not aware that the information exists so they are happy to pay extra - without knowing that they are. As long as both the buyer and seller are happy at the end of the transaction then who cares? Also there are many parts which in used form often fit better / look better then new ones for a variety of reasons. These "original" parts could command a higher price although this may not be the case here.

As to the cars you describe like the CS I disagree with you completely. Cars like CSs (luxory, collector, sport) are the first to see prices soften. They change based on the economy, time of year and sentiment quicker then a $5000 2002 driver which would have a more utilitarian and intrinsic value.

As for "show cars" in the $10K range - I doubt any of these cars would be worthy of the term showcar. To me a very nice driver ( I mean exceptional) is in the $10k range but that car would still be light years away from "show car" status.