• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Motor Installed

Stuart

Nice looking engine. I had done something like you did back in 1988. Mine had 10:1 Mahles, 304 Shrick cam and 45DCOE's. Had it until I sold it in 1993 so I had fair bit of experience playing with it. If I may suggest that you upgrade the air filtering, because judging by what I see in pictures, these elements on air trumpets/horns either don't filter air very well or will choke the air flow.

I am an automotive engineer, so I speak not just from my enthusiast background but also from years being involved in OEM design work in Dearborn as well as race engine development out in California.

Piotr -

So far I am ok with their performance but I am open to other options.  I'm not a fan of the K&Ns or the foam socks.  I looked for a ti airbox but they are hard to find and expensive.  Would entertain any suggestions you could provide. 

Stuart