• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shakedown Run; it purrs. But sings on right turn.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Tonight I took the '02 out for a test drive after lots of struggling with drivability issues. All sorted out. The Pertronix with Accel Super coil and NGK BPR5ES plugs fires it up on first turn. The Weber 32/36 with C.D. recipe jetting idles smooth, pulls very well from 1000 to almost 6000, no flat spots, instant response.

Comments on ride. Smooth and supple, rolls much more than my M5 (Bilstein Sports w/ H&R Sport springs) but very comfortable touring. Tail happy - round a corner at low speed in 2nd, punch the gas and it breaks loose. Is this what I should expect? New Boge shocks, AVS Intermediates.

Finally, when I turn right I hear a singing, like a finger rubbing the lip of a wet glass. Pull up the handbrake slightly and it stops. After about 20 minutes of weaving and tight corners in the development none of the wheels or brakes were significantly hot, so I don't think I have a dragging shoe. Any suggestions on what to check? Oh, front calipers newly rebuilt, new Repco/Axxis pads, new rotors, rear brakes are the way I found them. Brakes hold well, I can easily lock all corners.

Thanks to all who have read my posts over the past year or two, offered suggestions and "morale" support. C.D., Dang, John N., Nevada72 (snow this weekend), MartyR (the 320 Sport wheel is still in storage), John Weese, Robspeed, Tim in MD, Curt Ingraham (I've got a C.I. radiator), Chris Kent, the guys at Maximillians, and many others. I apologize to everyone I left out.

This baby will be a daily driver within the month.

Jake Steijn

88 M5

76 2002

76 J10 (Jeep) - for sale

too many hobbies

Guest Anonymous

backing plate a little. Your castle-ated hub nut torqued bown to 250 lbs? Checked your half shaft bolts lately?. Loug nuts ok?.

John L