• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Q regarding Mk1 golf arches installation

DeanR32

Good evening FAQ

I'm working towards the rear arches on the 02, and am starting to think about welding these in.

I'm sure there's a couple guys on here that have done this already on here.

They're of course not the same shape as the 02 arches, but do I install the top dead centre of the golf arches to the same point of the 02 arches, or do the tips of the golf arches sit above the 02 arch?

I hope this makes sense

Cheers in advance

This is a totally custom modification.

Using the tire and rim size you plan to run with the car sitting at the desired ride height place the flares based on how they fit the wheel not the original arch. What works and looks best to you is whats right.

If you go off of the original arch the wheel may not be centered in the new flare.

IMG_2429_zpsmwmmwqcj.jpg

Edited by Fatherof3

Cheers for the reply

I'm thinking of running banded steels on the car, so I suppose I can make the wheels for the arches once they're on.

I've got a 17x7 sitting on the car at the moment, so once I start with the arch, I'll centre them with this wheel.

If anyone has any other tips for fitting, I'm all ears!