• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saloon/sedan roof braces

DeanR32

Evening all

Does anyone here know if the roof bracing (or whatever it's called) can be bought new from anywhere? Walloth and Nesch seem to have a click on picture but says not available at this time.

Anyone know if someone sells it, new or copy part anywhere?

Cheers in advance

Do you mean the structural members welded in underneath? Pictures would help but I suspect that any roof parts need to be sourced from aanother car.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

The roof is pretty thin and subject to oil canning at the best of times. There are (you have no doubt noticed) thin body lines that go from front to rear about 6" above the drip rail in an effort to stiffen up the roof structure. Even with a perfect substructure it is a bit weak.

Getting a rust free roof clip from another car may be the best bet. You can then drill out spot welds to free up any members you need (you could just transfer the whole thing via 4 welds - one at each pillar!).

If I was looking to increase the stiffness of a large panel like the roof, I would bond a roll of fibreglass matting to the inside of the roof skin, tying it in to the members at the perimeter. Might be a bit easier to achieve than fabricating new steel.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/