• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What have I done??? Need somed advice.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just bought a 99 528i w/sport package - I made a deal with my wife that I would sell my 74 in return. I was not thinking staight after smelling that new leather and the feel of that straight six. Oh mamma. I am feeling sick about selling this car. My only out is that I told her I could get a better price for the 2002 in spring. I have some time. How do I convince her to keep the 02?

Guest Anonymous

....it will only go up in value. Like an investment. Try that one-

my wife seems to be buying it:). Re: the E-39-schweeet!

Enjoy. That is a nice ride.

Guest Anonymous

i just bought my wife a '98 528i (black on black) and am faced with the same quandry

although i have a few more cars to choose from to sell

i think that if you give it some time your wife will let you keep the '02! she knows you well enough not to take your baby!

good luck

bob

Guest Anonymous

uh, I meant six and, with the bucks you save you can buy more tools.

Its a pretty reliable car and, goes fast. Handles well. You can find

a lot worse cars for 2-4K. Working on mine reminds me of the

1600 or, 2002 that I also own.

I even dream of putting a m70 in it (can you say v12?)

Guest Anonymous

on the other "primary" cars.

Of course, if you already have more than 3 cars then you have to make some choices on what goes.

When she says you don't need that many cars, just say she doesn't need that many shoes. Sort of the same logic, but be prepared to sleep on the couch.

Steve J

88 M3 (daily driver)

72 tii (toy)

98 Audi A4 (her car)

and one comfy couch.

Guest Anonymous

I gave my wife the 2000 323Ci. Loved it when I test drove it, but day-to-day, it made me miss my E30 318is, but I felt it was her turn for a real car, and I'm gradually making her into a bimmerhead. The 1600 is a constant - someone will have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. I tell my wife that if we ever get divorced, she can take everything, cause if it gets that bad, I only need my 1600, my tools, and my fishing rods, and I'll just light out for the territories.

Guest Anonymous

she will translate that into: this car will keep my

husband from wandering around into trouble. All

women are jealous and they want to know what we

do we our free time, and most of them find it

amusing that we fall in love with old cars, as long

as we keep our fingernails clean.

Guest Anonymous

...who, after graduating from high school in 1956, convinced his mom that he needed a car to drive to work that summer before he went to college. He promised her he'd sell it "at the end of the summer."

My dad said he preferred a '40 Ford he had seen -- but at something like $150, it was just too much money! So my grandfather bought him a 1941 Chevy that was rather weary as a result of something like eight previous owners and hard use during the war -- but it was only $80.

Well, later that summer my grandfather had a heart attack and was told he couldn't drive for a while, so my dad kept the car and drove it to Ohio for college that year... and the next... and so on, until after graduation.

When my dad got his first "real" job in 1961, he decided he needed something better than the old Chevy, so he bought a 1957 Olds. He thought the price quoted on the Olds after taking out his trade-in of the '41 was a bit high, so he asked what kind of deal he could work out without a trade-in, just cash. The salesman quoted him the same price as before -- essentially asking him to give them the Chevy! Needless to say, he took the Chevy back home. Never said WHICH summer he'd sell it at the end of, after all.

Incidentally, the car was originally put in my grandfather's name, but he and my dad were "Sr." and "Jr.," and he conveniently left the suffix off of the paperwork. So at some point after my dad had been driving the car for several years, my grandfather just handed the papers to him and said, "I guess you can start signing these now."

At any rate, the car is still sitting in my mom's barn, and since my dad's been gone for more than a year, I guess he broke his promise to my grandmother. I hope she wasn't too mad at him when she saw him up there and found out he never sold that old Chevy... :-)

-Dave

Colorado '71

Guest Anonymous

freshman year in college... that was in June, 1963! And when my wife gave up her '73 2002 (for a Buick!) in 1985, I managed to hang on to it and my '69...and still have 'em both. She's very patient with me and my "hobby."

"The line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness' is sometimes very fine."

Mike