• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

alpina b9 touring

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

a good grip on their juice boxes, we are going to go through the cones again???? I don't think Alpina and station wagon belong in the same sentence.

Guest Anonymous

My wife and I just can't go the minivan/SUV route and are still suffering with cars that are a little too small for a family of four. I've seen pictures of 7er and E28 wagons floating around and a 7er (or E28) wagon is something I would buy. Otherwise, we will probably go with a Volvo or E34 wagon (or something similar) at some point. Unfortunately, the E34 (525iT) is just begging for a bigger shot of horsepower (ie, M5 drivetrain swap). And newer stuff is nice but just too expensive. If anyone has the magic answer to family hauling, let me know.

Karl

'02 WRX wagon - my family hauler

'95 Civic LX - wife's car

Guest Anonymous

Here's some basic info I found. Not sure if this format is going to work here (was a Word table).

WRX wagon 325iT

Wheelbase 99.4 107.3

Length 173.8 176.3

Width 66.7 72.7

Height 58.5 55.5

Track – front/rear 57.7 / 57.3 57.9 / 58.4

Headroom – front/rear 39.7 / 37.3 38.4 / 37.7

Legroom – front/rear 42.9 / 33.7

Curb weight (pounds) 3220 3362

EPA Interior volume 90.4

EPA Cargo Volume – seat up / down 27.9 / 61.6 “Up to 57”

Maximum towing capacity 2000

Base price 23,995 30,400 i / 32,150 xi

I couldn't find some of the 325iT info easily, so some items are missing (such as EPA volumes). I am curious about these, so if someone has the numbers, please post them. Overall, it looks like the BMW is lower on all the interior numbers except rear headroom. Hard to imagine trying to stuff my family into one for a trip since its already pretty tight in the Suby. It would seem a given that the BMW would drive and handle better than the Subaru but I couldn't bring myself to seriously consider buying one because of the price difference, especially if you go with the Xi plus options. I haven't driven one or looked at them closely, so there may be other factors I've left out. YMMV...

Karl