• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much would you pay for a brand new A4S engine complete?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Maybe $8-12K to the right buyer...that is if you can find someone with a real A4S Alpina that needs an engine & it's in perrrrrrfect condition.

I'd rather have the early Alpina B7 turbo engine sitting next to it.... being I have a home for that one! Looks like it has a card on top telling it's history....something like this I'm sure. First road going Alpina engine to be turbocharged..... 3.0 liter making 300 hp & 345 ft/lbs torque w/12psi boost.

Where are these? In a museum?

WH

68' SC'd 2002

E24 & E12 B7's

Guest Anonymous

Somewhere I read the A4S is only 168 HP. Good tuners do that in their sleep. You'd be paying a lot for the Alpina name just to get walked all over on the track.

Guest Anonymous

Obviously the injection stuff has value, but what about the rest of the motor? Brand new or rebuilt? Or is it even rebuilt. Maybe it could be shiny Alpna stuff on a worn out engine. Is there any paper work that comes with it.

Anyway, at least the injection stuff is interesting by itself. Keep us posted.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

this year about Alpina A4 stuff, parts, compete units, engines, etc., and they(someone there) emailed back that they were out of the Alpina biz altogether: no Alpina anymore. ya sure... they obviously are in the biz if they are building A4S engines. If that is the real deal with the correct rods, pistons valves, and headwork, along with the other tweaks that Alpina did to the Alpina built A4 engines( and that they surely can do too), it is worth a bunch of money. Probably similar to how that Swiss guy got an A4S engine in his Inka Touring that was featured in a foreign BMW mag last month. He said Alpina did the work- and i dont doubt it: you just need to be on site, with tons of cash to make it happen. I have always believed those parts were still around in europe. Heidegger used to be exclusive Alpina dealer for a couple countries, Switzerland, Luxembourg, and somewhre else. They also built their own wild M10 stuff. A 1975 Heidegger 2002 won its class at Le Mans that year: only time a 2002 ever entered. It "outlasted" all the more powerful cars that it competed against. Actually, it did really well over all in that race. I was told Heidegger's daughter now runs the business- she obviously has some talented mechanics at the shop. Those engines look great! No idea how muchthey will cost - why not email them and ask? Probably get response" we do not have Alpina parts or engines"( for you silly Americans), lol.