• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

High Sierra 02 Fest

Dakar02

HIGH SIERRA 02 FEST

SEPTEMBER 12, 2015

CARSON VALLEY NEVADA

YOU ARE INVITED TO JOIN US FOR THE FIRST ANNUAL HIGH SIERRA 02 FEST TO BE HELD SEPTEMBER 12, 2015 AT MINDEN, NEVADA, JUST 20 MINUTES EAST OF LAKE TAHOE.  THE EVENT WILL BEGIN ON THE EVENING OF FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 11TH AND CLOSE OUT ON SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 13TH.  ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE GROUP DRIVES IN THE NEARBY SIERRA NEVADA MTS, A STATIC CAR SHOW/SOCIAL/ BBQ, AND TECH SESSION PRESENTED BY JACK FAHUNA.  A BLOCK OF ROOMS HAS BEEN RESERVED AT THE CARSON VALLEY INN MOTOR LODGE.  FOR LODGING CALL 1-800-321-6983 EXT. 1 AND MENTION GROUP NUMBER 504254 FOR AN $85 ROOM RATE.  THE ROOMS WILL BE RELEASED IF NOT RESERVED BY AUGUST 20, SO PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS SOON.  ALL BMW 1600’S AND 2002’S ARE WELCOME.  THERE IS NO COST TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT, OTHER THAN LODGING.  FOOD FOR THE SATURDAY BBQ WILL ALSO BE PROVIDED.  T-SHIRTS HAVE BEEN DESIGNED FOR THE EVENT AND WILL BE AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE ONE AT OUR COST OF $20 EACH.  PLEASE CONTACT ED BLAKE AT adirtnerd@frontier.com IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND SO THAT WE CAN MAINTAIN A HEAD COUNT AND PROVIDE YOU WITH T-SHIRT AND DETAILED EVENT INFORMATION. 

As of now I think we have about 8-10 cars.  Some have said that they are planning on attending, but haven't received a commitment yet, and everyone that has done this sort of event has said that many will wait until very near the event to commit.  I will be firming up the schedule for the event, and will send your way when it's ready.  This is my first time organizing something like this, and just thought that it would be fun to get a bunch of 02's together.....and I think this area provides a great venue.  Thanks for your interest, and hope to see you at the event!

Steve,  We're planning on getting together around 6 on Friday evening, to discuss Saturday's schedule, meet and greet, have some snacks/drinks etc.  I'm sure we'll hang out for some time, so no worries if you can't make it by 6.  Hope you can make it, and look forward to meeting you and checking out your car.

Barry,  I'm really sorry, but think we'd better keep the event to 1600's and 2002's.  I'm just afraid that if we open the door to other models we may end up with more than I can handle, but thank you very much for your interest in the event.

Mike, Glad to hear that you're interested in attending.  I know of another 02 coming down from Reno.  We also have one or two from Carson, and maybe one from Stagecoach....fun to see that there are so many 02's lurking nearby!  Soon I'll have a detailed schedule out for the event.

• 3 weeks later...

BELOW IS DETAILED INFORMATION FOR THE EVENT

HIGH SIERRA 02 FEST 2015

FRIDAY SEPT. 11th – 6 to 8 pm.  Meet and Greet and discuss the event activities.  Pizza and drinks provided. 

WHERE – 1559 Wildrose Drive, Minden Nevada.

From US 395 turn south at the stoplight at 6th Street.  Continue 3 blocks on 6th to County Rd.  Turn left on County Rd. and drive 4 blocks to 2nd Street.  Turn right at 2nd and the second house, the blue two story on the corner, is where you want to be.  The gate to the back yard will be open on the driveway, so just come on in.  There is plenty of street parking, or park in the driveway if it’s available.  An alternate and easier way is to stay on 395 and turn south on 2nd Street.  However, if you have a lowered car and/or air dam there is a sharp dip that may drag.

SATURDAY SEPT. 12TH – MORNING DRIVE – 9:00 to 1:00 - We will stage at the Minden Park, which is at 6th Street and Mono.  Take the stoplight at 395 and 6th south to the park.  We will head out at 9:00 sharp.  If you did not make the Friday Meet/Greet, please arrive by 8:45 so that we can go over the drive schedule prior to departure.  If you have a walkie-talkie, you may want to bring it, as it may be useful on the drive.

1:00 – 3:00 – Lunch and car clean-up/down time.

3:00 – 7:00 – Static Car Display, Tech Talk and BBQ

Sunday Sept. 13th - MORNING DRIVE - We will stage at the Minden Park, which is at 6th Street and Mono.  Take the stoplight at 395 and 6th south to the park.  We will head out at 9:00 sharp. This drive is designed as one where those that want to head home can just head out whenever and wherever along the way that it’s convenient.  We will be intersecting highways 395 south, 88 west and 50 west on this drive, before returning to Minden.