• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Humored by CL ad

72pdx02

Even though I no longer live in PDX I find myself searching through  the craigslist adds and was humored by this sellers add, and another’s response.   Hope it brings a chuckle to you all as well.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4926474310.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4930948810.html

seller  wrote:

BMW 2002 - Will only sell to a genius. - $675

1970 BMW 2002 1600cc Roundie
You can convert this to a "chump car racing vehicle', or restore it to its' original glory, or you can do both.
BMW 2002 
Non running, no tail lights, but relatively complete.
First $650 cash 
Please no tire kickers or any person who is not exceptionally intelligent or creative, either generally or in some particular respect. Must be a bi-pedal primate. Please type "Oxford comma" in the subject line of your response so that I know you are not pedestrian, or a philistine, or a generic hoon-meister.

perspective buyer wrote:

RE: 1970 BMW 2002 for Genius only (Portland)

Hello You,
You're quite the discriminating seller, you know. But unfortunately you did not include any contact information in your advert. Perhaps you wish to sell your car to a genius sleuth? 
I have been nominated by my peers in the 2002 community to climb that mountain and save that car from an untimely death, and I may just be foolish enough to oblige them. 
Please either update your ad with some contact information, or be kind enough to reply to me through this ad.
Looking forward to your response.
Sincerely,
A Fool

I included the text knowing soon the add will be deleted and you all will be wondering what it said.

Edited by 72pdx02