• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some Nice people out there! With my son driving our Tii we s

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

at our favorite health food restaurant (to get pastrami burgers, fries and of course a diet coke). On our way in a guy starts talking to me about the '02. He owned a '73 and a '74 (both Tii's) and wishes he had never parted with them. He told me about how he really liked the 165 hp engine as opposed to the standard 100hp engine (my job here is to listen, not correct). He talked for a while and I asked if he would like to look the car over and take it for a ride. He looked over the car and told a story or two, but declined a ride.

After talking, he said he had a set factory repair manuals that he would be happy to send to me if I gave him my address... how cool. I told him I would be willing to compensate him for the books, but he said no. He was just happy to see a young guy on the road enjoying an '02 (he meant my son, but, I'm taking it as a compliment anyhow).

The '02 is a fun car and is always interesting to see the soft spots people have for them...

Guest Anonymous

A group of church people (can't remember which church now) were cruising my neighborhood one Saturday as I was out in the garage working on a car. My E-type was sitting there and this guy talked about the Jag more than church! He said he had one at one time but it was long gone, but also said he had a Bentley service manual left over. He brought it back about an hour later as a gift.

Very cool.

Guest Anonymous

Here, even with the rondel staring at them in the face, the usual question is "what kind of car is that"? is it from the 50's?, looks like a car from Russia...sheesh