• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel fitment question for those wearing 15s

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a set of SSR wheels that I'd like to put on my '76. they're 15x6.5 w/and offset of +45. Will this fit ok? I just don't want to buy a nice set of tires and find out that I have to keep the stock height of the car. I'd like to lower it ~2 inches for auto-X.

thanks for any input

-Charley

p.s. sorry if this is a re-post. I can't get the search to work for some reason.

Guest Anonymous

They will fit but you will ned to space them out10-15mm.

interference with the strut is the issue with these wheels not the fenders.

Guest Anonymous

If the car has no front coil-overs (which implies thcker that stock struts because of the sleeve) you can install 205.50.15 tires on 15 x 6.5/7 rims with offsets up to 30mm. If you have cil-overs, then offset is reduced to 27/28mm depending on tires (RA1s is a bit rounder at the shoulder than V700s).

My racecar run 205.50.15 RA1s on Kosei K1s with 27mm offset along with sleeved struts.

The back can accomodate 3 or 4 mm more offset. Front will require camber plates for a perfect fit. Rear lipses need rolling.