• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I Get a Cam?...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm going to be rebuilding my engine soon, but I'm not sure about getting an aftermarket cam. I plan to thuroughly rebuild it, put on a Weber down draught, and maybe a header. This is my everyday driver that will never see any racing, so it needs to be drivable (and preferably somewhat economical.) Are there any good cams for this? Or should I just save my money

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i have a 278 in my Sahara right now and i am going up to a 292. I have a "302" in trhe Inka and idel is still fine. But, generally, with stock compression, and probably a 32/36, or 38/38, you should be fine with a more aggressive cam than the stock 262. Have fun- caveat emptore on unknown company regrinf stuff. Archives info on that. Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

t-shirt_flag.gif

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/engine_and_drivetrain/318i_fuel_injection.html

i'd ONLY recommend the Ireland regrinds. not, ever, TEP. there is really nothing wrong with a regrind. thats all a new cam is anyways. a ground-down billet. a regrind is one that has had the base circle fooled with to get more duration, lift, etc. caveat emptor no matter what you do, however!! good luck and have fun!!!'

-Rob