• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DCOE's running rich

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

02logo.jpg

URL: http://www.evogroup.com/t-shirts

After a season of trying to dial in my DCOE's without any expert guidance, I am finally close.

The engine is running very well with no bogging and good power.

I still think it's running super rich however.

I am still getting poor gas mileage, the exhaust smells real rich and it does not seem to have that sharp throttle response that a nice, lean engine should.

I replaced the needle valves and am running 2.5 psi of fuel pressure.

I am starting to think that the cold start valves are leaking.

I don't have a cable hooked up to them and never used it.

The car always starts right up leading me to believe they are working/leaking on their own.

Does anyone know if you can block off these valves.

I figure I could just fill them with JB weld, But wanted something a little less permanent.

thanks,

Tony

Guest Anonymous

My DCOEs always start right up without using the cold start units, though I have to stay with the car until it warms up a bit. How much have you experimented with the idle jets, main jets, venturis, etc? That's the first place to go for a mixture problem. The easiest way, of course, is to go to someone who has a collection of jets, a CO meter, and a dyno.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

02logo.jpg

URL: http://www.evogroup.com/t-shirts

I'm still fine tuning the jetting.

I am on the lean side of all the charts I see, so I don't think I am way off on the rich side there.

There are not many 2.4 liter 4 bangers out there running 45's

So there are not a lot of comparisons.

I found a 3.6 liter 6 cylinder Masarati w/ triple 45's which has the similar 600cc per cyl. as a base and fine tuned from there.

I don't have anyone too Weber savvy around here w/ a dyno.

I have a box of jets from 130-165 mains in 5 increment, the same with airs and idles. So I have tried many combos.

thanks,

Tony