• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another question about engine options: m10 block s14 head +

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

or planning on paying for it?

I'm getting parts together for a med/low comp m10 for a turbo project now. Will put it together myself and do a mild port/polish (maybe larger valves)on 121 or 121TI head. Figure I'll have around $700 to $1000 in the long block with a few upgrade parts and scoring a few good deals. I'll do the labor and farm out the machine work. If your paying for it look around $3000-$5000 for the long block and with the S14 head prob add another $1500-2000 or so.

Are you just asking about the motor or the turbo setup also?

The turbo set up is another bag of worms. How much of a turbo system are you talking about? A good turbo by itself can run from $400 to $1200, Inter Cooler: $75-$400, Blow Off Valve: $50-$200, Wastegate $50-$300: Turbo Timer $70-$300: Plumbing oil and IC: $50-$400, Turbo Exhaust Headder/Exhaust work: $200-$1500: Air Intake/filter(s) $50-$300.

+ Lots more to think about or add as $ and common sense allow.

A Turbo'd motor is not cheap to build if you pay someone else to do it. And while it is cheaper for you (read me) to do it yourself, it's still not exactly cheap to do it right.

All these prices are an educated estimate of course. I'm in the infancy stages of my build, and will gladly keep the crew here up on info as I get to the next stage.

Long winded, hope it helps a little (hope I answered your question)

: )