• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick voltage regulator question...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A (damaged) box arrived at my door with (surprise!) long overdue and (surprise!) damaged aluminum 5-Series window trim for a friend. The only thing I ordered for myself within this sorry package was a voltage regulator which may be the wrong item. It should be the radio-friendly yellow tape model, although the one shipped bears white tape. Has the white tape model supplanted the yellow tape model, or was I shipped the wrong part? Just 'effin frustrated at this point. No wonder aluminum trim is expensive - half of it is lost in shipping! Sorry to vent...

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga

Guest Anonymous

Mike,

I have a new voltage regulator that I bought about a year ago, part of my spare parts, it is Bosch and is part# 0 190 601 006, has the white tape at the base, I bought it from Bimmer Parts Company, the guys in Pottstown, Pa., it replaces the yellow tape regulator.

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000