• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well... I've had it!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

As promised, I've been working to get the DITL site updated and running. However, what I haven't been sharing is the problems I am having with hackers. The site was hacked again last night and I am -- to be frank -- done. I have had it... I don't need this kind of aggravation.

I've put up firewalls, I have antivirus and sniffer programs running, I've run all the service packs, but I am not knowledgeable enough to harden Windows 2000 Advanced Server enough to avoid this.

I am more than willing to create and post the site and the pictures if someone wants to host it. Give me a server with secure Frontpage access and I will move the site there. There are at least 3 people that have volunteered to help me maintain and update the site.

Anyway, if the folks at BMW2002FAQ want to host it or anywhere else for that matter -- then please contact me offline. I am pulling the bmw-2002.org server off the Internet for now until I figure out what needs to be done. I am hosting this on my own dual Pentium server with 2G of memory and over 50GB of hard drive space in my home. I am going to batten the hatches down on the home network.

I still have all the pictures and anyone that sent text with their picture I put in a Word Document and put into a separate HTML page for each individual.

Frustrated, angry, and really sick of this BS.

Brian

Guest Anonymous

I was using the Microsoft Web Hosting SAK on top of Win2K Advanced Server. I can convert the machine over to Linux and put Apache on, but I am not as proficient with that setup. Anyone care to guide me if I go ahead and do that?

Guest Anonymous

Brian I am no expert but you need something better than MS to guard your stuff. I personally have a freeBSD firewall in front of my network (with a 2000 server). It uses ip-filters to keep the bad boys out. You could also use a d-link router (me thinks) with built in firewall. They are configurable and I think you can set a dmz with them. I also read in a hackers newsletter @ borders about zonealarm. I think it is a free download. This one article talked about how secure and usefull it was. It also logs all hacking attempts to your network. Again I have no experience with it.

FWIW I set the firewall at home with the help of a security admin, though I did the freebsd install myself.

.._____

/orig.gif___orig.gif\

[O=00=O]

#=====#

CLICK FOR BIMMER STUFF

More STUFF

Guest Anonymous

Brian I am no expert but you need something better than MS to guard your stuff. I personally have a freeBSD firewall in front of my network (with a 2000 server). It uses ip-filters to keep the bad boys out. You could also use a d-link router (me thinks) with built in firewall. They are configurable and I think you can set a dmz with them. I also read in a hackers newsletter @ borders about zonealarm. I think it is a free download. This one article talked about how secure and usefull it was. It also logs all hacking attempts to your network. Again I have no experience with it.

FWIW I set the firewall at home with the help of a security admin, though I did the freebsd install myself.

.._____

/orig.gif___orig.gif\

[O=00=O]

#=====#

CLICK FOR BIMMER STUFF

More STUFF

Guest Anonymous

I can help you...I e mailed you about it.

If you didn't get the e mail, just drop my an e mail and then I will send you my phone # and we can talk about possible solutions.