• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cv Boots And Axles

Half Moon tii

Hey There,

I haven't used them yet, but these guys seem to know their stuff. 

http://www.double02salvage.com/

I have also bought a few parts from these guys and they have a lot of experience with 2002's as well.  http://autohaus909.com/

Let me know if you need any more advice as I'll be tackling the CVs next week as well as replacing my diff

Greg

I know the guys at double02, they are an excellent resource, but did not realize they do service.  I will go vist them this Saturday.  Where did you get your differential?  While my car is being painted and engine rebuilt, I am starting to tackle rebuilding the rear subframe.  I wanted to have it rebuilt.

1972 2002tii

1975 911

2003 Tacoma

I haven't actually bought the diff yet, but plan to get one off Craigslist, there are a bunch on there now.  The guys in Burlingame at 909 Autohaus have a bunch of diffs, I think they want $125 for an open rear and $695 for a posi.  My car will need all the same stuff as yours, but I'm hoping to just get mine to be a bit more roadworthy before I tackle all the rest.  Where are you getting your paint and engine work done?  I may tackle the engine myself, but will definitely need some help with the paint.  Are you from HMB or does your member name refer to something else?  I live in San Mateo now, but I'm from Montara originally.  Greg

Mine came on a trailer and I immediately began dismantling, so I never got to enjoy it.  The enginer is in Livermore with Terry Tinney and the body is at Auto Sports Exlusive in San Mateo.  I will have to visit 909 Autohaus and see what they have.  Yes, I am in HMB.

1972 2002tii

1975 911

2003 Tacoma

Ah, mine is borderline driveable at best.  Until I replace the diff, it is just sitting in the garage.  Oh, I know of your body shop, they do great work!  Are you getting a stock engine rebuild or something a little more sporty?  I have a 2002Ti setup which I plan to install along with a 292 cam and Stahl header with straight thru exhaust and free flow muffler.  The owner of 909 Autohaus is a guy named Paul.  He's a bit of an odd duck, but he has got a lot of 2002 parts.  Greg

Based on my research, I understand modifying a Tii is not really possible due to the fuel injection system.  Thus, the engine will be stock but with new exhaust and miscellanous parts hopefully a little lighter.  I will upgrade the suspension, add a 5 speed, and convert to disc brakes.  It is going to be a long term project, I am just about ready to drop pieces off for powder coating and zinc plating.  Let me know how the differential goes as I yet to select an option.

1972 2002tii

1975 911

2003 Tacoma

I did a little poking around on this site and bimmerforums and many of the Tii owners were able to upgrade their intakes, ignitions, cam, exhaust, and injectors to get about 160-180 horses.  Pretty cool stuff.  I'll be happy with 130-140 with my dual Solex Ti setup and some other stuff.  I plan to add a 5 speed later on, but I'm hoping to find a 3.91 rear for cheap and throw that in for now.  I'm putting in some KYBs and BavAuto lowering springs as soon as the springs arrive.  I'll also replace the stock brakes for now and add stainless lines, which someone gave me.  I'll upgrade them further later on down the road.  Keep me posted on your progress, it sounds like you'll have a super fun and reliable car when you're done!  Have a great weekend.  Greg 

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors