• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alignment Shop

peterman

Hey guys,

I need a suggestion for a shop to do alignment on my new daily driver.  

I just picked up a 89 325i.  She's well sorted, came with 8k in receipts and mileage documentation as to when the work was done.  Paint could use quite a bit of help but its a solid car and she's ready for the track!

V__9F1B_zps0acbc2ac.jpg

Also, if anyone wants to help with a possible brake master cylinder replacement, I can provide beer/food if you can supply a driveway/some tools.  My tools have not migrated down to Alexandria yet.

Thanks,

Pete

where did you find the e30?

recommend Hollin Hall Automotive for alignment and tire work.  full suite of top end Hunter equipment.  they are a Tire Rack installer so you can drop ship tires there from tirerack.  it is the only place i would let touch my E36 race car for alignments.  they are on Ft Hunt road in alexandria a few blocks from my house.  703-765-3722.  ask for Marc (service manager) and tell them i sent you.

that said, e30 is simple to check alignment on.  just like a 2002, only toe is adjustable.  but if you don't know the cars history, good to get it on real alignment rack to see which way all four wheels are pointed.

I could help you with the MC, but am tied up for the next several weekends at the race track.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll call them today. I picked it up in Catonsville, MD. Heavy suspension work has been done and it feels great. Its got a z3 rack in it, camber plates, big sways, new bushings all around.. Etc. Receipts show the rack was rebuilt with e30 inner tie rod ends and all the necessary parts from bavauto for the swap. It could just be bump steer but I'd rather check it out.

MC is holding up well but the pedal is squishy. Not leaking anything yet but I'd like to keep up the impecible mechanical maintenance of the car.

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors