• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring Help From M42 Swap People

DaveBMX

Hi guys think ive nearly wired in my m44 which appears to be very similar if not identical to how the m42 is done. Ive been using the m42 guide to wire it all up and it says to connect the dme ground wire to the brake light connection on the reservoir. My 1502 has no wiring on the brake reservoir does it mean the brake light switch operated by the brake pedal? Also can i connect the big green 12v hot wire to the red alternator wire or does it need to be connected to battery 12v? Will add some pictures of the mess tomorrow to see if anyone can spot any issues.

Regards

Dave

thanks mlytle thats great! another idiot question but does the casing of the dme need to be grounded like an audio amp?

uuurgh cant get any kind of starting indication from the engine on turning the key. the engine is getting power but no starter noise. i assumed i would still get that even if the ews wasnt allowing the engine to actually fire

Dave

Edited by DaveBMX